Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

August 30, 2006

Two Minute Rule

If want to lessen the stress you’re having right now then you should try this one. I learned this in our ‘stress management seminar’ and for me, as a student, this two minute rule is very helpful.

The 2-minute Rule:

  • If it would take less than 2 minutes to do something, just do it right away.
  • Two minutes is a guideline, roughly the time it would take to formally defer the action.
source: http://pageman.multiply.com/journal/item/265

For example, right now I’m making an entry for my blog and a thought just pop out reminding me to txt my classmate about our defense tomorrow. I doubt if it will take more than two minutes to txt her so wait… *texting my classmate lol! … “message sent”

Now if I ignore the thought that I have to txt my classmate, there will be two possible outcomes. First, maybe I’ll just forget about it. Second, since I did not make any actions, it will haunt me until I text my classmate. Both outcomes will just give you stress! Right? Since I texted na my classmate, it will lessen the pressure I have right now. Try it! It is very effective!

“Come to me, all who are tired from carrying heavy loads and I will give you rest.”

Matthew 11:28

Papunta na ako sa elevator kanina ng may nangyaring minor injury lang naman. Yung buto or ugat from my left foot biglang tumunog! Super sakit! Wah! Nakakatawa pa ang sumunod na nangyari. Nag hop ako papuntang elevator! Meaning mukha akong naglalaro ng piko! *lol one of the guards saw me pero nag-smile lang sya sa akin. Siguro kala nya naglalaro lang ako. Tsk! Tsk! Super sakit kaya nun. Anyways, good thing my sister was here para lagyan ng *something (forgot kung anong tawag dito?)



9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ayaw mo parin maniwala na may relasyon kami ni honeystarz..?

11:27 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

bondage tawag dyan, hehe. paano ka makakaakyat sa bundok nyan? tsk tsk tsk.

tama yan! bawasan ang procrastination. gawin kaagad if urgent and important :)

11:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oww... that must hurt a lot, huh. get well soon, bro!

9:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mas nakakastress yung hindi makapaglakad ng maayos, get well.. :)

2:46 PM  
Blogger Photography said...

hey paul,

nice to hear from you again. musta na? i'm in cebu city now for my regency assignment teaching at Sacred Heart School-jesuits.

God bless.

jeff,sj

10:15 AM  
Blogger puklo said...

oh! ooo nga! bondage tawag dyan.. hehe... buti naman di ka nabalian.. okey na rin yan.. kunting ingat lang bro.. hehe. kulang siguro sa exercise.. hehe.. peace out! :-)

3:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul

thanks for the trackback! would love to trackback to this post but your trackbacks are not activated ...

hope the 2-minute rule is helping you ... can you sense the cobwebs clearing your mind? :)

get well soon! have an ortho or podiatrist look at it before you grow a bone spur or something ...

rgds,
The Pageman

1:46 PM  
Blogger pauL said...

@anonymous - kadiri! pinatulan mo si honeystarz??!! yuck! *joke lang... hehehe

@cruise - ok na... after a day ok na yung left foot ko... kayang kaya umakyat ng bundok

@tommmy - thanks tommy!

@acey - onga eh masakit sya.. thanks!

@gbert - korek!

@jeff - jeff! naks... ok naman ako... kaw?

@richard - ngayon alam ko na... bondage pala... hehehe

@pageman - sir paul pano nyo po natagpuan tong blog ko? curious lang po :D

4:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mole registers joint attachment host nonfiction ckzpksa psycyber digitization datacore further
lolikneri havaqatsu

11:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home