Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

September 27, 2005

Are you Conceited?

Have you ever felt of being misinterpreted by the persons around you? How would you feel if someone tells you that you are conceited even in a funny way? How will you handle this? As much as possible I want to be transparent to all who reads my blog. I want them to know what I’m going though and what God is trying to teach me.

Let me first define the word ‘conceited’. Conceited means self-important, vain, proud, arrogant, snobbish, etc. The scenario is this. I like to make people laugh. I make myself as an example like “You know I’m cute.” or “I think you like me.” Now here’s the dilemma. One day ‘they’ just called me ‘conceited’. Even if that’s a joke, I think the word ‘conceited’ is a profound word. I wondered why is it they called me like that. Is that the way they see me?

As we were practicing just this night I opted to step outside the room. There, in an isolated area, I asked God what is He trying to teach me. Then a word flashes in my mind. The word HUMBLE. At that moment, I just felt that God is molding me. He wants every negative attitude to be strip away. I remember then my prayer:

“Search me, O God, and know my
heart;
test me and know my anxious
thoughts.
See if there is any offensive way in me.
And lead me in the way everlasting.”
~ Psalms 139:23-24

The process may be painful but God wants us to be like Him. God is molding us according to his purposes and plans for us. Which leads me to the header of my blog. It says, “Mould me, Use me, and Fill Me. I give my life to the Potter’s hand” As I was writing these things down, I can feel that the agony is gone. Like what I’ve said, the process may be painful but at the end you will feel rejuvenate. There’s only one great teacher and that is God! To God be all the glory!



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Blog is outstanding. I have a running your own business site. If you are interested in running your own business then stop by.

11:44 PM  
Blogger Cliff J. Ravenscraft said...

I hate when people post fake comments on blog entries. Anyway, I love your post. I also desire to be open and honest with what is going on in my heart and mind so others can learn from my experiences. The only problem I run into is that I am in a position of leadership and often times, my innermost thoughts that are anxious and cause a lot of inner turmoil are actually about information that should not be made public.

Therefore, I write about 3 to 5 pages a day in my daily journal that is password protected. Sometimes, I'd give anything to post my thougts and prayers on my blog so that others could comment.

However, I guess I could consider my daily journal as my personal blog where only God alone has the ability to read it now.

And He does leave me comments on my heart!

Great Post! Be Transformed!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home