Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

May 27, 2005

Prison Ministry

"Remember those in prison as if you were their fellow prisoners, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."
~Hebrew 13:3

Wow! Wow! Wow! What an experience to do outreach prison ministry. Men, I was so blessed! Our church picked male members and I’m one of those. We met in the church around 6:30 in the morning then went to ‘New Bilibid Prison’. Yup, you read it right, NEW BILID PRISON. This is where awful prisoners are place so the security is very intense. I met Edwin, a 37 years old prisoner. We had lively conversation yet on my part, I forgot that he’s a criminal. Before the conversation ended, I asked him why is he in jail and he told me that he killed somebody! For the entire conversation I had no idea that the man I was talking to was once a murderer. Now the good news is he’s in Christ. Pay attention to this. Those prisoners are eager to say “God I am willing to be use!” and yet they are imprison. On the other hand, we (free Christians) says, “God not now. Can I just do it next week?” My point here is let this be a challenge for us free Christians. We have all the freedom that we need so why not use it and be thankful for so many blessings that we have.


New Bilid Prison, Muntinlupa City

This is one of the pastors in N.B.P. She's giving us the dos and don'ts when we enter the jail.


This mark is our only proof that we're not prisoners!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,
Wow, waht an amazing experience. You are truely living out your faith. I was part of a prison ministry in college, although I never visited a prison as part of that. I do know a Christian here at work who often preaches in prison as part of his testimony.

Thanks for sharing.

Darcy

8:31 PM  
Blogger Cliff J. Ravenscraft said...

Paul,

Hey, great post! What you are doing in faith is amazing. I'm so excited to see a brother in Christ so actively inolved in living out God's purpose in their life.

I'm praying that God will send you someone that you can disciple in answer to your prayers. In time, I know that He will.

Your experience reminds me of a ministry that I take part in. I preach at a homeless shelter in the city here in Kentucky. It's also a very different experience, seeing people who are at the bottom, just struggling with the basics of living. Each time I serve meals and preach down there, I'm truly blessed as I see God moving in their lives.

Hope to see a new post soon!

Cliff

11:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home