Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

March 18, 2006

"I'm no longer a VIRGIN!"


The confession chair.

How would you react when somebody tells you those words? How will you handle it? How?!

I just came home fresh from our 4 days overnight. On my way home a very close friend of mine texted me saying “Paul, let’s go out. We need to talk.” I immediately said yes and ask HER where we will meet. We decided to meet in Starbucks, Vito Cruz. From the moment I saw her, my spirit discerned that she’s bringing something heavy deep inside those smile. So I immediately ask how is she doing, is there something new that I should know, and all those ‘pangangamusta’ questions. We ordered food and started to converse to each other. Let me clarify some things. I’m talking to girl, a very close friend of mine. I know she wanted to say something so I told her that I’m willing to listen.

“Paul, I’m no longer a virgin! I had sex with my boyfriend.” I paused in drinking my coffee. I squeezed my pants and tears started to fall down. At that moment my mind was empty. We stared for about 10 minutes. Silence covered where we were sitting. I asked her why and she replied by raising her shoulders. She told me she wanted to break the guy but she couldn’t. It’s more complicated and hard for her because not only they’ve become one emotionally but also physically.

“So galit ka bas akin? Nagbago na rin ba tingin mo sa pagkatao ko?”

I answered, “Nope. Your still the bestfriend I knew and you’ll always be close to me.”

“Paul, ano na?”

I replied, “Ganito. Can you do this for me? Please don’t do it again. Yun na lang ang hinihiling ko sayo. Please!”

“Hinihintay ko na lang siyang pumunta sa ibang bansa. After that ibrea-break ko na siya.”

The best thing that I can do at that time, aside from including her in my prayers, was to show her that my relationship towards her will never changed. In fact, I should her more comfort.

We walked from Vito Cruz up to Quirino. While walking, I prayed for her. Before we parted ways, I told her again not to do that again and I told her that just call me up and I’ll be on your side to help you.



Starbucks (Vito-Cruz Branch)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home